Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Low carb & high cholesterol

It was shocking to me to find out that many of the so-called "low carb" foods are the highest sources of cholesterol. I found this out from a set of medical encyclopedia I bought recently.

The way that some people try to lose weight is not worth it. Being overweight is enough illness already. Who wants to take drugs or be on a special diet that gives you more problems? Not me. But some people don't care, they just want the quick fix. I think Dr. Eckel, professor of medicine at the University of Colorado, put it best in his comment about the Atkin's diet:

He said, "I would be worried about someone eating a lot of bacon and eggs to lose weight. What about heart disease? Cancer? Diabetes?" Something to think about, eh? I have a lot to say about this and other lifestyle health issues. I hope you read some of my articles at http://www.choosehealthtoday.com
.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home