Monday, December 05, 2005

The dirty milky way

Remember when I said that I fired my cow sometime ago? I really meant that, as humans, we don't need to feast from the bovine udder.

Now I have some more dirty stuff about cow's milk to help pasteurize you thinking, and hopefully, your diet.

Did you know that current US Public Health Service regulations state that
  • after pasteurization, milk should contain no more than 20,000 bacteria per milliters, and that
  • it should not contain more than 10 coliform bacteria per milliter?
What does this mean when you put that "pure white" stuff to your lips? One glass of milk with up to 5,000,000 bacteria is still acceptable (as pure) under those regulations.

It also means that 2,500 coliform bacteria are allowable, for good taste, per 8 oz of milk. Do you like the milky way, for you, for your kids?

Humans are the only members of the animal kingdom who drink milk after they are weaned. Including milk in the new food pyramid is a benefit more for the health of the economy than for people.

Why? Because we love to increase our cholesterol levels, clog our arteries, increase our risk of coronary having heart problems as long as we make money.

Our son was miserable baby until he was 9 months, when we learned about lactose allergies. Since we fired the cow, he has slept like a baby. He's now 16 years dairy-free, taller than his dad, semi-finalist national for scholarship, avid musician, and fit as a fiddle.

Who needs milk anyway? The same nutrients can be obtained from plant sources. How? Why not send me an email [healthychoice at bellsouth dot net] OR fill in the contact form at my website. I'll do my best to answer your questions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home