Monday, April 10, 2006

Choosing healthy foods

How easy is it to choose only the healthiest foods? Honestly, you have to have guts to defy the beck and call of your tastebuds, the hungry lion in your stomach, and the tease of media advertising.
I try everything possible, including making a low glycemic food list from which I pick items for my meal planning. I plan to extend it as I discover more healthy foods that are easily available AND that I would like to eat at least once a week.

It takes determination to choose health over enjoyment. Eating is enjoyable, and the advertisers of icecream, candy, snack bars, sugar and fat-laden eats know it is difficult to make a good choice when your tastebuds are lobbying for them.

Choosing healthy foods to eat everyday is a purposeful decision each of us has to make for ourselves. We either live to eat or eat to live.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home