Monday, February 20, 2006

Pig Cells May Reverse Diabetes

OK, it's gross enough to wear spare parts taken from another human, but what do you think about having a part of a pig in your bowels?

Gross! Me? Not going there. I'd rather die a 100% human being.

Read the article for yourself:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4725082.stm

I love the science. This is a novel idea, or breakthrough (if you want to call it that). But for me, that's just how far it goes. It can stay in the novel. It will be fictional data for me.

I expect the transplanted islets will behave just as they were designed - like pig's. Shouldn't be surprising either if the diabetics start being piggish after awhile!

Come on folks, we don't have to go down there. I have been holding my diabetes in retreat with anti-diabetes diet and exercise.

Let pigs be pigs and humans be human.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home