Sunday, January 15, 2006

No More Diabetes?

What a mega-event the last week has been? I have been away in St. John, Virgin Islands, but I was not parasailing, snorkeling, or tanning.

It was a week of lots of work and little food. Imagine a year ago, I could not have done this. No way! I would have died.

There was a lot of food at the Westin, St. John Resort. Sad thing is it was mostly what I don't eat. Meats, seafood, fried foods, you name it. And the vegetable salads were mixed with egg, crab, or shrimp.

It was easy to find popular foods, BUT not the foods (or meals) that are anti-diabetic. I resorted to 'I-can't-even-recall-what-I-ate'. Good news is, I had no hypo's, no ill effects, even though I had to stock up on orange juice, peannut butter, soy cheese, and bread for a whole week.

Now I'm back. I must confess I ate too much this morning and I feared I might have had a high postprandial reading two hours later. No! It never happened. This is truly amazing!

There is no way I could go back to eating like I used to up to a year ago - NOT AFTER seeing these results. No more diabetes!

For those of you out there toying with this disease - stop. Do yourself a favor. Choose health. Choose the anti-diabetes diet and kick the disease for good. It works for me. You should, at least, give it a try.

Then you might be able to go on an adventure vacation in the Virgin Islands and forget your medication. That's a nice thought that can certainly be a reality, IF AND ONLY IF you choose health.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home