Thursday, March 06, 2008

It Works! Do You A1c My Point?

I just got my results from my medical check last week. From past experience, I know that if I don't get a call from my doctor's office within a couple days after the tests, then there is nothing "unusual" in the results. It has been over a week. Today the mailman delivered.

It was a pleasure reading my medical results again:
- A1c (5.3%),
- total cholesterol (143 mg/dL),
- triglicerides (51 mg/dL),
- LDL (85 mg/dL), and more...
- Liver and kidney functions normal. Hey, I feel like drinking...

Water is the only drink I have had since November 2004. (Note: I've never had alcohol in my life, and I still can't understand why one would drink it rather than put it on a wound.) This week I tried cranberry juice (unsweetened) because I felt so good and had not had a high glucose reading for "I-can't-recall". For more than a year and holding, my A1c is 5.3% without even the "look" at a drug. No one can tell me that a diet and lifestyle changes don't work.

These four principles that I've shared on my website do work (in combination, of course).

  • Regular exercise - daily 1-hour walks at first, now it 30 minutes strength training, aerobics, or flexibility training
  • Proper diet - the more "vegan" the better. Don't ingest cholesterol or animal products if you don't have to. Who "must" anyway?
  • Quality sleep - this is not after midnight sleep. Sleep early (latest 10 pm). Explanation here.
  • Food supplementation - only because when the body has already succumbed to conditions like type 2 diabetes, we really need "extra" help. I haven't tried a lot of supplements - only two; one of which (a seaweed supplement) I still take daily - the other I no longer need.
Today, I'm more motivated than ever. I feel I'm blessed, and who can blame me for that? Anyway, take care, and remember the four keys I've shared. When you implement these, you really lose something - your diabetes medication (most likely). I remain convinced that health is a choice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home