Monday, November 26, 2007

Four healthy habits that did it

I'm back. It's been a long time.

I'm also back from my former life of metformin and meager meals that I had to prepare from a sheet of paper I got from my doctor's office. Yak!

I never had to count carbs on Thanksgiving Day this year, and that's largely the result of 4 healthy practices I have adopted over the past (nearly) 2 years.
  1. I exercise for at least ½ hour at least 5 days per week. I've resurrected some muscles in my upper body, and now they're burning that glucose so fast, I don't have those high blood sugar levels anymore.
  2. I eat my biggest meal at breakfast and my smallest at the end of the day, approximately 4 hours before bed time. This means any extra calorie intake will get wiped out before the end of my day. I can't get overweight. I really can't - not with this eating style and diet.
  3. I go to bed early at nights - This was a hard one for me, but I soon learned that the early rest was what my body needed all along. Anyone with a degenerative disease such as diabetes needs all the rest he/she can get.
  4. I have been giving my body a steady diet of extra "system restore" nutrients. I could not have normal A1c (5.3%) again without some those special health supplements.
So, I'm back, and I feel great. My glucose meters are nearly unemployed. I have cut the earnings of some diabetes drug makers - boy, am I powerful! But I haven't fired my doctor. I still need her to get me those heart-warming medical reports every now and again.

You may copy my healthy habits, if you wish. You might take up a singing career in a couple years. But that would be a healthy thing to do too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home