Tuesday, September 12, 2006

A cluster or a bottle of wine?


I just gave away a bottle of wine today. It was not my intention to give it away nor to have gotten it in the first place. I don't drink alcoholic beverages.

It was a gift from the receptionist at the hotel I am staying - something to sorta allay any ill feelings I might have because my room wasn't ready when it was time for me to check in. Shame. So here was this bottle of wine to say, "let's still be friends."

Well, I get my phytochemicals fresh from the grapes or from grape juice. In fact, I read somewhere in the Bible a reference to grapes as being wine. Listen to this:
Thus saith the LORD, As the new wine is found in the cluster, and one saith, Destroy it not; for a blessing is in it: so will I do for my servants' sakes, that I may not destroy them all. - Isaiah 65:8 (KJV)

The BBC News Health section ran an article titled, Mediterranean diet 'extends life.' That must be due to the abundant sources of phytochemicals from the vineyards.

From the vine

Yes, I get my phytochemicals from the vine. The wine makers want me to think it should be "from the wine." But you don't have to let your nutrients pass through the vats. Certainly the longevity is not from the alcohol. It is from the grape, so we don't need a reason to drink wine - just eat the grapes!

I believe the nutrients in grapes are in the proper quantities, naturally packed. So you don't have to worry about an overdose. You can eat your grapes and drive yourself home too. So, I choose the cluster instead of the bottle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home