Friday, March 07, 2008

My doctor said she's "happy" for me

She is not the one who "threatened" to put me on insulin. This is the other doctor that's been treating me for the past (almost) 1½ years. She just called me 30 minutes ago.

If you have diabetes, please find a doctor like my doctor. She will tell you that you need to eat right, exercise, and go to bed early every night. She will give you medication ONLY if you need it - and only if those three important practices don't work.

Now, many people "need" the medication because they don't go all the way to having and maintaining a proper diet, they are not consistent in exercising, and they can't go to bed early for various reasons - especially when their favorite TV program is airing. Well, they will really need the medication, for as long as the habit lasts.

When we develop diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and other similar conditions our bodies need "regularity". A regular schedule of meal times and sleep time puts us back in sync with our natural biorhythms. This promotes healing and restoration. Anyway...

Thanks doc, you have at least one happy patient.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home