Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Natural Products for Diabetes

There are pros and cons regarding the use of pharmaceutical medications for treating diabetes. Likewise, there are positives and negatives regarding the use of natural products. It comes down to a personal decision based on how informed the patient is.

I have had a very bad experience with doctor-prescribed fortamet (actually I was given an over dose that nearly killed me). It turned out to be a blessing though, because I went on to find something that gave me more than I'd bargain for - without the side effects.

Don't turn up your nose on natural products that help with any medical condition though. They are not as quick-acting (some may use the word'effective') as drugs, but they are safer, generally.

I just read an article citing the effective use of natural products for diabetes, especially in combination: fenugreek, prickly pear, gymnema, gineng, and so on. You should read my experience of using one natural product that gave a surprizing result in only 10 days. I'm still enjoying that result today.

REFERENCE:
Shapiro K, Gong WC, "Natural Products Used for Diabetes", in J. Am Pharm Assoc (Wash). 2002 Mar - Apr; 42(2):217-26

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home