Tuesday, November 01, 2005

The Power of Diet & Exercise

According to my medical profile, I am diabetic. My doctor expects me to be on Fortamet - the thing that made me the most frequent visitor to the waste room!

Now this is my daily medicine:

(1) Wake at 5 a.m. - fasting glucose = 82 mg/dl
(2) Exercise (Brisk walk and stretches) for ½ hour to 1 hour
(3) Blood glucose reading after exercise = 78 mg/dl
(4) Breakfast (high carbohydrate, high fiber, low fat meal) at 6:30 a.m.
(5) Post prandial glucose (2 hrs) = 97 mg/dl
(6) Blood glucose reading immediately before lunch = 85 mg/dl
(7) Blood glucose reading 2 hrs after bunch = 105 mg/dl

Three healthy meals per day without any snacking! I eat foods that heal, not hurt. It's great! That "special" ADA diet was about to kill me. Hey, now I really enjoy eating.

The part of the equation I haven't told you about is this: I go to bed between 9 p.m. and 10 p.m. each night. That is why I can spring out of bed at 4 or 5 o'clock and exercise for an hour.

It is amazing what a change in lifestyle can do for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home