Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Can sleep deprivation cause diabetes?

Will your habit of staying up too late cause you to develop diabetes? Scientists think so. In fact, that's what research is showing, and I find it quite easy to believe.

The following is true of me: I am diabetic, I habitually stay up late, I am not overweight, and all other medical metrics (cholesterol, bp, etc) are quite normal. I have had this habit for nearly two decades!

Plus, I haven't been exercising for nearly that long. That spells type 2 diabetes, right? Research shows this kind of lifestyle dismantles the body's ability to handle glucose.

Ok, I better go to sleep. It's 12:06 AM. I shall do better tomorrow. Somehow, I fear that my diabetes project and my facination with the benefits of sauna may have to have a lower place on my priority list now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home