Tuesday, November 08, 2005

No need to run...

Did you see that lady running along the sidewalk this morning with the pain on her face? That was unnecessary. It wasn't a marathon, and no one was chasing her!

Plain old simple exercise. That's all.

Well, yesterday it was the large guy at the park, today I am attacking the "running" lady. I passed her on the road as I drove to work this morning... she was grimacing. I would have stopped for her if my truck was an ambulance. Whew!!

I was told that the cheetah, the horse, dogs, and other animals were made to run - they all have bowed legs. As humans, we don't usually have bow legs.

This means we suffer more from the shock to our joints while we run. Legs that are bow-shaped appear to be better shock absorbers, they say.

In college, my doctor recommended that I trained only on grass turf because the paved surfaces were too shocking to my knees. Back then, I used to run distance (1500m, cross-country). Today I run in my mind, and I win every time. You wouldn't believe how fit my imagination is!!

However, if you are trying to lose weight, lower your cholesterol, reverse or control your diabetes, or get rid of an arthritic condition... walk. You don't need to run.

It's not the speed that will get you there... it's the tortoise effort. Never give up. Just keep on doing it. No Nike boots, no speed, just an aerobic walk everyday.

Maybe that lady should read this. She could also visit my new place on the web:
www.anti-diabetes-diet-supplements.com.

I'll be saying much more about walking back to health later. You could walk across there too. Don't run... just click.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home